ABOUT OUR FOOD     ABOUT OUR LOCATION     ABOUT OUR NAME
                                                             CHOOSE-A-LOGO CONTEST     CONTACT

Friday, August 25, 2006

Choose-A-Logo Contest Update

The response to our Choose-A-Logo Contest has been amazing — nearly 200 comments in a couple of days! We’ve been so impressed by the diversity of opinions that we’d like to hear your thoughts on a few more ideas. Please keep in mind that we want the focus of Rue Cler to be on GREAT FRENCH FOOD, rather than on a traditional décor or formal tableside manners. We’re not trying to fool anyone into thinking that they’re dining in Paris – this is going to be an authentic downtown Durham restaurant which just happens to feature great French food.

We’ve been hesitant to go overboard with a stereotypically “French” look for our logotype. But please look through the new set of logos and tell us what you think. We value your opinions!




7 Comments:

Blogger mary said...

I like #12 in the new group. Not too fussy but distinctive. And #5 in the first group. Psyched to have you all in downtown

10:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These choices are even better than the first 6. I like the shape of 10 but the font is too hard to read. 7 and 8 are a good ones too.

5:08 PM

 
Blogger Sucar said...

I have 2 i like-#6 and #8. In that order. I love Pop's and cannot wait to try your new spot!

12:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Number 7 - clean but warm, and not so French-looking that it is comicial. I hate the ones with knives, forks and spoons.

9:53 AM

 
Blogger Mousy Tongue said...

I'll update my vote. was #6 but I think #11 is best of the lot. It's clean and clear.

1:00 PM

 
Blogger Kevin said...

86 logos #1-5 - the utensil theme is a bit too "Hell's Kitchen" for me. Gordon is a pompous British snot - nearly the exact opposite of your vision for Rue Cler.

#6 is my favorite in the first bunch - it ties in the "ransom note" font from much of your Pop's apparel and wraps it in a frame reminiscent of the Art Nouveau Paris Metro signs. I might even drop the "restaurant and bakery cafe" from the logo, but use it in your marketing (in parallel with the "a Durham trattoria" from Pop's).

#7 makes me think I am trying to catch a NYC subway - should I take the R/U/E uptown or the C/L/E/R to Queens? This is not your look.

#8 is good. It is simple, rustic and straightforward, but maybe a little bit too "Wild West."

#9 is wrong. It screams stuffy formal French dining room. Isn't this the font Eric Rippert uses?

#10 might be my favorite in the second group. It ties in the "Paris Metro" theme I liked in #6, but the handwriting motif suggests a more simple, relaxed atmosphere. If the script were cleaned up a bit, so that it didn't look like "Rue Clere" this would be my hands-down favorite. I may stray away from blue, however. I like the attempt at muted Provencale tones, but get your shade of blue wrong in the triangle and it is lights out.

#11 looks like a new line of luxury baby furnishings (sorry, been looking at a lot of baby catalogs lately).

#12 looks like the logo for a snow board company.

So, I vote for #6 without the "motto" or #10 with a few slight tweaks.

7:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can phrase that I agree with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is still a without question as you did in the downgrade issue of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=folder lock 5.8.0 ?
I noticed the phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you use the pitch-dark methods of promotion of the resource. I have a week and do necheg

1:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home